AKU entry test is organised each year for students to take admissions in MBBS throughout Pakistan. More than 100 students are going to be inducted in MBBS and BDS this year. The applications for the entry test are being accepted from 14th of April 2019 and the last date of application submission is 16th of May 2019.
AKU Entry Test Date
The test of Pakistani students will be held on Sunday, 16th of June, 2019. And, for overseas students, the test will be held on Friday, 28th of June, 2019.
In Pakistan, the test will be conducted in the following cities only:
Rawalpindi Gilgit Chitral
Peshawar Sukkur Lahore
Faisalabad Multan Hyderabad
For overseas students, the AKU entry test will be taken in the following areas:
The students who have completed or are in the process of completing their HSSC (F.Sc Pre-medical) are eligible to apply for the test with at least 60% marks on the board. Equivalence certificate is compulsory for the candidates who have A-level education in BioSciences with at least B grade, from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) in Pakistan. Bear in mind that to apply for the Aga Khan Medical Entry test, the qualification must be equivalent to pre-medical qualification in Pakistan.
How to Apply for the AKU Entry Test (Paper-Based Application)
For the submission of application, a hard copy of the following documents must be couriered to the Admission Office, whether you apply online or submit the pre-printed application.Properly filled application form
- Two recent passport size colour photographs bearing your name and attested from the backside.
- Attested photocopies of academic certificates as mentioned on the application form.
- Attested photocopy of ‘B’ form/CNIC/NICOP for Pakistan Nationals or copy of relevant pages of Passport for overseas candidates.
- An extra envelope bearing applicant’s name, postal address and contact number as it will only be used to post the admit card to the student.
- Original Payment receipt of paid fee.
You will need an email account to apply online for AKU. If you don’t have one, you need to create it. Click on the online page www.aku.edu/apply-online.
As a new AKU online operator, click on “new user”. Right after that, an acknowledgement email will be sent to your email address. Click on “here” to confirm your account and move on to the next step.
- Provide personal information as mentioned on the application form.
- Create new application.
- Select Country.
- Select your programme of choice.
- Enter your qualifications. Provide complete details for each qualification.
- Enter programme specific details.
- Review for correctness before submission.
- Upload documents according to drop down list. DO NOT FORGET to upload Proof of fee payment.
- Save and submit online application.
- You will receive an acknowledgement email to confirm receipt of online application.
- Within 15 days, you will receive a copy of your application and admit card on your portal and email.
Documents Uploading Specifications:
In order to complete your application online, you should upload the documents as:
- The uploading size of the recent passport size photograph should not be more than 1 MB and its uploading format should be JPEG.
- Attested photocopies of mark sheets/official transcripts/general certificates as mentioned on the form must also have 1 MB size for each and in PDF format.
- The B-Form/CNIC/NICOP (front & back copy) or relevant Passport pages (only for overseas) should also have 1 MB size along with PDF format.
- The receipt of fee paid should not exceed 1MB size and can be in both format PDF/JPEG.
Fee for the Application
The fee for the application for Aga Khan Entry Test is as under
- For Aga Khan University residential countries: Rs 6,300/-
- For Aga Khan University non-residential countries: US$ 306/-
The AKU residential countries are Pakistan, Afghanistan, Burundi, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya. Please note that cash, money orders, postal orders, and personal cheques are not acceptable at AKU. The application fee is non-refundable.
Fee Payment Methods
There are mainly two ways to pay fee for the application:
- Online Funds Transfer to University’s Bank Account
- University E-Payment Facility
As soon as you have completed the application form and attached all the aforementioned documents, courier it to the following address:
All documents along with complete application must be sent to the following address:
Office of the Registrar
Medical College – (Program Name)
Aga Khan University
Stadium Road, P.O. Box 3500
Karachi 74800 Pakistan
Phone# +92 213486 4410
+92 213486 4412
Selection Procedure and Aggregate
It is to inform you that the procedure of admission in Aga Khan University is crystal-clear and is purely merit-based. The aggregate is calculated by the following formula:
F.Sc (Pre-Medical)/HSSC/A-level/ Equivalent: 40%
Entry Test Marks: 50%
AKU Test Pattern and Preparation
AKU Test questions are based on the Higher Secondary School Certificate curriculum in Pakistan. The curriculum is available within the Undergraduate Admission page at aku.edu/admissions/mbbs.
The AKU Test comprises of a section on science and mathematical reasoning and a section on science achievement including questions from biology, chemistry, and physics. The questions in this multiple-choice exam are designed to test factual information, application of knowledge, deduction and problem-solving ability of the aspirants.
It can be very difficult for all candidates belonging to any country around the globe to prepare accurately for AKU test. Keeping in view the need of all applicants, topgrade.pk has arranged a special course for Aga Khan University Admission Test. You can now cover the complete syllabus in very affordable cost. Video lectures against each topic for better understanding, fast revision notes and thousands of MCQs are provided to let candidates practice as many times as they can. In addition, there are full-length practice exams from the past papers so that you can experience the exam pattern before appearing in the AKU test.
Moreover, students can get access from anywhere in the world in just few clicks. Candidates can get free trial to probe into how it works. It is a complete solution for AKU entry test-no ifs ands or buts about it.