University of Engineering and Technology Taxila invites applications for Part Time & Full Time PhD Admissions in various disciplines.
- Candidates who have Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in the relevant disciplines/specializations recognized by the University and PEC with minimum CGPA 00/4.00 in the Semester System or 60% marks in the Annual System are eligible to apply.
- MSc result awaiting students are eligible to apply, however, they must provide the MSc passed result sheet at the time of interview.
- The candidates must qualify GAT Subject Test Conducted by NTS or International GRE or HAT Conducted by HEC or Locally Developed Test as per HEC Criteria.
The Endowment Fund Scholarship Scheme is also available for certain programs. Few merit funding positions are available for 36 months in the following departments/Labs.
- Computer Engineering Department under Swarm Intelligence, Computer Vision and
- Al and Decentralized Communication Labs.
- Computer Engineering Department under the Project of “Defender: Hardware Trojan Resilient Processor Core”
- Mechanical Engineering Department under Energy Research Lab.
- Telecom Engineering Department under DPI Lab “Establishment of National Centre in Cyber Security (NCCS).
How to Apply
It is mandatory for all applicants to get Post Graduate Prospectus from the office of Directorate of ASR&TD. Application form along with requisite documents and Postal Order/Bank Draft of Rs.1000/- (non-refundable) in favour of Treasurer UET Taxila, payable at HBL UET Taxila, be submitted to the Office of Dean of the concerned faculty. The deadline for application form submission is 9th August, 2019. The Locally Developed Test as per HEC Criteria will be held on 20th August, 2019. Prospectus including application form can be downloaded from http://uettaxila.edu.pk. Application form can also be obtained from the office of Advanced Studies Research & Technological Development and concerned Dean, UET Taxila. UET Rules and Regulations mentioned in the Prospectus including the current university policy approved by the Academic Council/Syndicate are applicable. NOC is required from employer (where applicable).
PhD candidates are also required to prepare detailed research proposal on prescribed format on his/ her preferred research area mentioned at UET web page http://uettaxila.edu.pk
Merit Lists and Interviews
The merit list of eligible candidates for Interview will be displayed by the relevant department on the UET, Taxila website on 23rd August, 2019. Interviews in the relevant departments will be held on 28th August, 2019 at 10:00 am.
The list of students finally selected will be displayed on 2nd September, 2019 and last date of Registration is 6th September, 2019. The classes will start from 9th August, 2019.
DIRECTOR ASR&TD and CONCERNED DEANS
For any query, students can contact on:
- Dean Faculty of Electrical (+92-51-9047534)
- Dean Faculty of Civil (+92-51-9047634),
- Dean Faculty of Mechanical (+92-51-9047667),
- Dean Faculty of Telecom (+92-51-9047567),
- Dean Faculty of Industrial Engg. (+92-51-9047826)
- Director ASR&TD (+92-51-9047447)
- Fax: (+92-51-9047420)