Entry Test NUMS-MDCAT for MBBS and BDS- 2019
National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) has been declared as Admitting University to conduct entry test for admission in the Military Medical and Dental constituent and affiliated Colleges that are attached with Military Teaching Hospitals, on the directive of the Ministry of National Health Services Regulations and Coordination on Sunday, 1st September 2019 vide M/o NHSR& C notification No. F.6-12/2015-PM&DC/NHSR&C dated 18th July, 2019.
It is mandatory for candidates to appear in NUMS-MDCAT for admission to Army Medical College Rawalpindi
NUMS-MDCAT will be conducted through National Testing Service, Pakistan (NTS) at the following locations depending on the strength of applicants i.e. minimum 200 per centre:
Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Kharian, Karachi, Abbottabad, Muzaffarabad, Quetta, Gilgit, Lahore, Faisalabad, Hyderabad, Peshawar, Mirpur, Gawadar, Sargodha, Multan, Sukkur, Dera Ismail Khan and Bahawalpur.
- Candidates having citizenship of Pakistan (and including citizenship of AJ&K I Gilgit Baltistan) and Dual National/Overseas Pakistanis can appear in NUMS-MDCAT.
- As per Admission Regulation-2018 of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (as amended on 30th May, 2019) candidate must have passed intermediates/HSSC Pre-Medical Group or Equivalent Examination (e.g., A- Level, 12th Grade, etc.) with minimum 70% marks. However, those awaiting result can also apply.
- Mere appearance in NUMS/MDCAT does not confer the right to apply for or claim admission to any medical/dental institution.
- Candidates of O&A level or equivalent qualification, must have equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) office.
- NUMS-MDCAT is mandatory for admission in Army Medical College, Rawalpindi, whereas entry test conducted by any provincial/regional admitting university will be applicable for admission in private medical and dental institutions, all over Pakistan.
How to Apply
All candidates must visit NUMS Website www.numspak.edu.pk for details of NUMS-MDCAT 2019 and fill the application form. Please apply using a laptop or Desktop but not mobile phone. Candidate can submit his/her application by clicking the submit button.
Upon successful submission of application, the candidate will be able to print NUMS-MDCAT 2019 fee challan. The Candidate is required to visit nearest branch of Habib Bank Ltd. (country wide) to deposit Entry Test Fee and send the paid “NUMS Copy” of fee challan to NTS at Plot No. 96, Street No. 4, Sector H 8/1, Islamabad before 20th August 2019.
Online Registration for Entry Test has been started from Monday, 29 July 2019 and the deadline for online registration is Monday, 19 August 2019, 4:00 PM.
Entry Test will be conducted on Sunday, 1st September, 2019. The processing fee for Entry Test Rs. 3000/-
Syllabus of NUMS-MDCAT 2019
The syllabus of NUMS-MDCAT 2019 shall be available on NUMS Website www.numspak.edu.pk. The candidates are advised to prepare for the test according to this syllabus from their own textbooks. They are cautioned against commercial courses being offered by various academies for preparation of NUMS-MDCAT.
Pattern of Test
NUMS-MDCAT shall comprise a single question paper containing 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) divided into the following four (04) sections:
Biology 80 MCQs
Chemistry 60 MCQs
Physics 40 MCQs
English 20 MCQs
Passing Marks of NUMS-MDCAT will be 60% (120/200). The duration of the test shall be 150 minutes (2 and half hour) and the total marks shall be 200. There shall be No Negative Marking in the test.
Additional details and guidelines regarding filling of Answer Sheets are available at www.nts.org.pk. There shall be question papers of different codes in which the sequence of questions and their responses shall be different from one another. The questions, however, shall be the same.
Self-Scoring System (SSS)
The candidates will be required to mark their answers on a double sheeted Response Form. The candidate will mark answers on the upper coloured sheet which will be automatically transferred on the lower, carbonized sheet. At the end of the Test, the upper sheet will be collected by the invigilation staff whereas the candidate will be allowed to take the lower carbonized sheet with him/ her.
The University will display the answer keys to the question papers of all the codes on its website www.numspak.edu.pk on next working day. Once the keys are released, the candidates can calculate their score themselves on the carbonized copy of Response Form with the help of concerned key.
The candidates must reach their respective centres at-least one hour before the commencement of the test on Sunday, 1”September 2019 (i.e. by 09:00 AM). The centres will be sealed I closed at 09:15AM
The candidates must bring following with them on the test day:
- Print out of Admit Card.
- Original Passport I CNIC I NICOP I POC I Smart card for Juvenile or Original NADRA token slip/ Form ‘B’ with any Valid Government document having photographs.
- A clean, hard Clip Board without any marks or written material.
- Two good quality Blue ball point pens (Not Pencils, Pointers or Markers). Candidates who do not send paid copy of the challan of test Fee, will not be called for the test.
Candidates who do not fill up the application form correctly (fabricated 70% or above of HSSC marks), their result will not be announced. The candidate who fails to bring Original CNIC/NICOP/POC/Passport, smart card for Juvenile and print-out of his/her Admit Card shall not be allowed to appear in the test.