ECAT Online Preparation (As Per UET Guidelines 2023)
Students Love TopGrade.pk
Check out some of the verified reviews to find out why
I recently had the chance to check out Top Grade, an online platform for test preparation, and I'd like to offer my thoughts on it. Overall, I had a good experience with Top Grade because it provides ...
Posted 3 months ago
Great work done by teachers and staff....
Posted 4 months ago
Posted 4 months ago
At last find some system which seems best online system. I've watched videos lectures from their online portals of many famous brand academies but they don't provide as much features as this system....
Posted 4 months ago
I am really satisfied and happy to join Topgrade.pk . I really enjoy the classes .This platform is very well planned and layed out easy for me to follow. Overall I really like this platform because al...
Posted 5 months ago
Studying with TopGrade.pk: Student, Parent & Teacher Reviews
Our Course Contents Include
Looking for Institutional Pricing?We offer bulk pricing/discount for purchases made directly by a school or
program, typically for the entire class.
TopGrade.pk is what ECAT (Punjab) should be
- Study anytime, anywhere.
- Adaptability to life style & Learning style.
- Personalized learning experience.
- Convenient & highly effective.
- Fully supported on pc, mac, android, and ios.
- Best utilization of time.
- Cover all subjects from all angles with the help of video lectures, fast revision notes, question bank and full length practice exams.
- Adapt according to life style and learning style of each student.
Value for money
- Unbeatable Price: Tremendous facilities at affordable cost.
- Well worth the money spent
- Offers lot of savings because there are no additional costs of transportation and accommodation etc. involved.
- Achieve Top Grades
Our ECAT (Punjab) Services Compared To Others
Strarting From PKR 3000/month
Starting From PKR 10000/month
|adaptability to life style|
|adaptability to learning style|
|accessibility to learning content anytime,anywhere|
|re-usability of content|
|wastage of time in traveling, waiting etc|
|effectiveness||Reliable Very Easy To Measure||Highly Variable Not Easy To Measure|
|DURATION||APPROXIMATELY 250 HOURS||APPROXIMATELY 80 HOURS|
|STUDENTS SATISFACTION WITH TEACHING QUALITY OF ALL SUBJECTS|
|FACILITY TO PAUSE/ALTER SPEED/LISTEN AGAIN|
|TABLES/FLOW SHEETS/BULLET POINTS|
|COLOURED PHOTOGRAPHS & ANIMATIONS FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING|
|Number of Questions||Very high||Low|
|Test creation according to student needs|
|Automatic marking of each test|
|Facility to view explanation of each question side by side|
|Facility to review all previous tests taken by the student|
|Access to topic wise past questions with explanations|
|Performance feedback to each student after each test|
|Facility to take break during test|
|Number of tests||Many||Few|
|Test creation according to real exam pattern|
|Automatic marking of each test|
|Prediction of score in final exam|
|Facility to review all previous tests taken by the student|
|All tests standardized keeping in view previous exam trends|
|Monitoring progress and giving Performance feedback to each student after test|
|Facility to take break during test|
|Personalized Study Plan (Powered by AI Tutor)|
|Fast Revision Notes|
|Full Length Practice Exams|
|Skill enhancement videos|
Agile & Functional Learning Tools Offered by TopGrade.pk
PERSONALIZED STUDY PLAN
With TopGrade.pk, you as a student can have your own personalized study plan according to your own situation instead of relying on one criteria for all. You can decide for yourself how you would like to plan your study on your individual strengths and weaknesses.
While using TopGrade.pk you get your detailed reports on all content you have used and whats remaining. These analytics also show you the reports of all the practice tests where you can see exactly in which chapters of which subjects you need to focus more.
SKILL ENHANCEMENT VIDEOS
TopGrade.pk is not just about studying for exams, we also offer personal skills development videos. These videos can help you enhance your personal characteristics like book reading, time management, stress management, general instruction for exams etc.
NEWS AND EVENTS
TopGrade.pk tries its best to keep you updated with all the related news and happenings in the education sector that can be of helpful to you as a student. You can see all of this information in your student account at any time.
Practice tests that closely resemble format of real exam. Questions are written according to latest exam trends. Each test comes with detailed analysis and an approximate score in final exam so students can get an idea of their expected performance.
If you are looking to take admission to Engineering you will have to pass ECAT. The preparation for ECAT is in itself a difficult task and most of the students have to join academies and take coaching classes. However, TopGrade.pk makes entry test preparation much easier with a completely online solution. We provide the modern teaching methods including video lectures, MCQs, practice tests, performance analysis, and everything else a student must steel themselves against the ECAT in 1/10th of the original cost.
Presently, there's no ought to choose any institute or academy with the top goal to line yourself up to attain well in ECAT. TopGrade.pk is an outstanding and most dependable online learning platform in Pakistan with which many students prepare for medical entry tests and get admission in best medical universities like KEMC, FMH, FJMC, KMU, and LMDC but also an outsized number of scholars are headed of accomplishment in best engineering colleges like GIKI, UMT, LUMS, PIEAS, UET, and NUST.
TopGrade.Pk's Line of Action for ECAT Preparation:
By following the given line of action will ensure your high scores in ECAT. i.e., Hear the video lecture, then view the Fast Revision Slides. After that study an equivalent topic from your textbook. Then, practice as many MCQs as you can. Then view your mistakes, read the reasons and repeat.
- If you would like to attain well on the exam, you'll need to set a target then strive hard to reach the goal.
- It is critically important to line a sensible study schedule for your entrance test and start studying early.
- Set a hard and fast daily routine. It'll help to bring the simplest out of you.
- Identify your top 5 distractions/time wasters and check out to get rid of them directly.
- Textbooks are vital for your entrance examination. Remember! everything written in your textbook is important for your exam. Moreover, anything which can assist you to know the textbook can also be important.
- Understanding questions while preparing for the exam helps to channelize your efforts in the correct direction. So, whatever you're studying, always keep brooding about how questions would be asked.
- Develop your sort of attempting the paper.
- Keep analyzing and improving your skills. Time management, Book reading, and stress management are important skills for exam success.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses. Learn to play together with your strengths and check out to beat your weaknesses.
- Practice as many questions as possible during the preparation of your exam.
- Stay mentally and physically healthy. Eat good, sleep well and take exercise on the regular basis.
- Find a cushty place to review which is quickly available to you all the time.
- Stay motivated, passionate, and agile towards your exam.
- Adopt a positive attitude. Remember! your attitude determines your altitude.
- Prioritize your tasks on the day today. Make it a habit to try to do First Things First.
Study with other well-prepared students. Stay away from other negative students.
1. What is ECAT?
Every year, the Engineering College Admission Test (ECAT) is held in Punjab, Pakistan, for admission to BE/BS/BSc Engineering programs. The University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, conducts ECAT. It was established in 1998 at the request of then-Chief Minister of Punjab, Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif, to tackle examination cheating at the time. Every year, approximately 45000 students take this test, with only 3000 seats available in Punjab's public engineering institutes.
ECAT is required for admission in the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, and the institutes affiliated with it, as well as all other public engineering institutions in Punjab. ECAT is also a requirement for several private universities.
2. Who is Eligible to take ECAT?
- You should have a minimum of 60% marks in F.SC/ ICS/ DAE/ B.Sc./ B. Tech (Pass) or equivalent exams (Verified by IBCC) excluding Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran marks.
- They should be a bona fide resident of the area from where he seeks admission.
- They should meet the standards of physique and eyesight laid down in the medical certificate.
3. How Do I Register for ECAT & When ECAT 2023 Will Held?
- Online Registration:
The last date of registration is June 2023. You can apply for ECAT 2023 by clicking the link below:
- Test Dates:
ECAT will be held from July 2023 at the assigned Virtual University Centers as per the allotted time.
- Orientation Session:
A 15 minutes orientation session dates for ECAT test UET 2023 familiarizing candidates are July 2023 at the assigned Virtual University Centers according to the given time.
4. What Are the Selection Criteria for Admission in ENGINEERING on Basis of ECAT?
- Merit criteria for ECAT 2023 will be as follows:
- HSSC / Equivalent: 70%
- ECAT: 30%
- Admission is purely merit-based.
5. What is the Format of the ECAT?
- Division of MCQs:
- The mathematics section will have 30 MCQs.
- The Physics section will have 30 MCQs.
- The chemistry portion will have 30 MCQs.
- The English section will have 10 MCQs.
The total number of MCQs will be 100.
- Total Marks:
The total marks of the ECAT will be 400. 4 marks are given for every correct answer. There is a negative marking of one mark for each incorrect answer in the test.
- Time Allowed:
The total time allowed will be 100 minutes. 1 minute for each question.
6. What Is the Syllabus of the ECAT?
ECAT has no selective syllabus given by UET or any other authority in Pakistan.
7.H4: How Is ECAT Scored? How Long ECAT Score will remain valid?
ECAT has negative marking. Each MCQ has 4 marks while there is a negative marking of -1 mark for the wrong answer. Skipping the question will give you a 0 mark. ECAT scores are valid only for the year in which it is taken.
8. Where ECAT Will Be Held?
- The University of Engineering and Technology-Main Campus Lahore.
- The University of Engineering and Technology Kala Shah Kaku Campus.
- University of Engineering and Technology Taxila.
- Engineering College BZU Multan.
- NFC Institute for Engineering and Technology Khanewal Road Multan.
- NFC Institute for Engineering and Fertilizers Research Faisalabad.
- Engineering College Islamia University Bahawalpur.
- University of Gujrat, Gujrat.
- International Islamic University Islamabad.
- Government College of Technology, Rasool.
- Dr. A.Q. Khan Institute of Technology Mianwali.
- Government College of Technology Rahim Yar Khan.
9. What Is the Difficulty Level of the ECAT?
Well, the difficulty level of the ECAT is sometimes high. It's a competitive exam. The purpose of this exam is to seek the best students who will become future engineers. So, you must have in mind that with carelessness you can't get high scores during this exam.
10. What is the Test Format?
In ECAT only MCQs are asked which could be of three types:
- Memory-Based Questions:
Memory-based questions are exact lines from the books.
- Oxidation is
- Loss of electrons
- Addition of hydrogen
- Decrease in oxidation number
- All the above
This question directs towards the basic concept of oxidation. Options are straight-away lines from the books. As you can also tell all the options are true about oxidation. So, option (d) is the correct answer.
- Analysis-Based Questions:
Analysis-based questions are concepts of the books.
- Which of the following statements is correct?
- Vectors can never be added and subtracted by simple arithmetic means.
- Vectors can always be added and subtracted by simple arithmetic means.
- Vectors can sometimes be added and subtracted by simple arithmetic means.
- None of the above.
The concept here is, parallel and anti-parallel vectors are added and subtracted by simple arithmetic means. So, statements (a) & (b) are wrong. (c) is that the best answer to the current question and option (d) may be a distractor.
- Application-Based Questions:
Applications-based questions are related to real-life situations.
- A normal person grows 20% in height from age 10 to 8 and between 18 to 25 grows between 5% to 10%. Ali is 1.625 meters tall at age of 10; maximum, how tall he would be at the age of 25?
- a) 1.4255 m
- b) 2.0475 m
- c) 2.1450 m
- d) 3.2434 m
- e) 4.1250 m
In this example, very normal heights of an individual are discussed. Obviously from the info, increasing normally should get a solution greater than 2 meters. However, heights of three meters or 4 meters are illogical so are often quickly eliminated. A height but 1.625 meters is often quickly eliminated. So, the answer is one of (b) or (c). If you check, you'll see that 2.1450 is that the right account maximum height and a couple of 2.0475 in his minimum height thus (c) is that the correct answer.
11. How to Study for Scoring Higher on ECAT?
- Focus More on Most Likely to Be Tested Topics:
ECAT is not an easy exam to pass. Many students apply for this exam every year and only a few are selected. To ace this exam, you've got to be serious about your future. The key to success in any exam is hard work together with smart work. You have to know where to place maximum effort and where to place minimum. TopGrade.pk provides you with the most effective strategy to conquer this exam. For scoring high on ECAT, you've got to understand which areas are of upper importance and which don't seem to be. you ought to know the statistical data of this exam and TopGrade.pk enables your strategic preparation, keeping in sight this critical information and maximizes your chances of success.
There are 3 types of areas in the ECAT:
- 1. High Importance:
Remember! Your focus should be prioritized efficiently. The High important areas need detailed study. 64 out of 100 MCQs will be just from 28 sections i.e., 64%of paper will be from 40% of the syllabus. So, these sections should be your first priority because most of the exams will be from these sections.
- 2. Medium Importance:
Similarly, Medium importance areas should get on 2nd priority. 26 out of 100 MCQs will be from 25 sections i.e., 26% of paper will be from 36% of the syllabus. So, you ought to choose these areas after you're through with your 1st priority.
- 2. Low Importance:
Low importance areas will be on 3rd priority because these don't have much importance. 10 out of 100 MCQs will be from 17 sections i.e., 10% of paper will be from 24% of the syllabus. So, you can consider these as low importance areas.
12. Why Online ECAT Prep Is Better?
Online ECAT prep is best in an exceedingly way than conventional academies. Let me tell you. How? Well, there can be many reasons but let's just highlight the main differences:
- Ease of Access:
In Online ECAT Prep you've quick access to all or any of the syllabus. You don't get to anticipate the actual lecture to be delivered. You'll study whatever you'd wish to. during this way, your preparation goes to be better in some ways because you've all the syllabus in your hand.
Online Prep can prevent very precious time. Allow us to inform you. How? In conventional academies you waste plenty of some time traveling, getting prepared for the academy, expecting the teacher to return and deliver the lecture, etc. But in online prep, all the syllabus you'd wish to organize is just one click away.
- More Effective study:
In Online prep, you'll study more effectively. Allow us to inform you, how? You don't get to hear the whole lecture as delivered in conventional academies. You'll start from the precise part which you'd wish to know otherwise you are feeling you'd like more specialize in it.
- Better understanding:
In online prep, you'll understand and comprehend things better. You will be able to pause where ever you're feeling any doubt. You will be ready to hear the precise video lecture again and again. This helps you in better understanding the topic.
- Schedule Flexibility:
While studying online you don't get to be sure of the academy schedule. You will be ready to devise your schedule in line together with your lifestyle or daily routine. Conventional academics don’t provide you the power to require lectures at your ease.
- Personalized Learning:
Well, in conventional academies you've to concentrate until the lecture is completely delivered. You don't have the pliability to consider specific things which you'd wish to determine. But on the other side here in online preparation academies you will be able to study according to your priorities. You will be ready to first steel yourself against the topics on which you don't have much grip.
13. Why Join TopGrade.pk for ECAT Prep?
- The # 1 Exam Prep App:
Trusted by 1000s of scholars, teachers & parents across Pakistan. TopaGrade.pk has the best reviews and remarks regarding online ECAT Prep. Students are fully satisfied with our system. We've earned the faith by providing quality services which are the results of a decade of diligence and keenness. You will be ready to read and listen to the reviews by clicking on the review section on this page.
- Custom Course for You:
We provide you the precise combination of subjects and other courses as you demand. You will be ready to choose different courses, subjects. You will be ready to have different test courses in one subscription. With this, you will have Best Preparation Without Joining Academy.
- Wise study schedule:
TopGrade.pk provides you with the only study schedule for your ECAT Preparation. From time to time our team provides you the foremost effective study plan with which you will be ready to harden your ECAT preparation.
- Conceptual Video lectures of ECAT:
Video lectures are available which are very comprehensive and easy to understand. We've almost 450+ video lectures recorded by the foremost effective teachers who have decades of experience in teaching the ECAT.
- Fast Revision Slides of ECAT:
We provide you with Fast Revision Notes which makes your preparation very easy. These notes can assist you to revise your whole syllabus in few hours. If you don't want to concentrate on the whole video lecture on a topic you already knew, you will be ready to just read the fast revision note. This will accelerate your preparation.
- Unlimited MCQs Practice (With Explanations):
TopGrade.pk features a 29000+ question pool. Which has been gathered with decades of experience. Each question is given a piece of evidence that helps you understand the answer. If you don't understand the solution even after reading the rationale, you will be ready to demand more explanation, which may be provided to you within 24 to 48 hours.
- Topic Wise Solved Past Papers:
TopGrade.pk provides you with all the past questions which have appeared within the last years. Not only provide them but also categorized them according to the section related to it. This might assist you to seek out the type of questions being asked during this exam.
- Progress Tracking:
Here, in TopGrade we provide you a sensible assessment of your preparation. There is a smart system in our student panel which evaluates your result and preparation. It tells you ways well you're prepared for the actual exam. It shows your evaluation during a chart graph which makes it easy to understand your preparation level.
- Live Doubts Discussion:
TopGrade.pk provides you the live doubts discussion 24/7. There are different WhatsApp groups for every subject where you'll be able to ask questions from teachers and interact with other students further to share your queries. Girls and boys have different groups.
- Full-Length Practice Exams of ECAT:
There are full-length practice exams available that are almost like the real-time exam. This might provide you excellent confidence once you appear within the important exam. This may assist you to find out your preparation level and your pace for each MCQ.
- Webinars For Guidance:
The CEO and co-founder of TopGrade.pk Dr. Muazzam Manzoor gives proper guidelines to students whenever needed through webinars. Students can ask questions related to their studies. they'll be ready to clear their doubts. These webinars will assist you tons during your preparation.
- Up-to-date Content:
TopGrade.pk provides you the foremost recent content. It doesn't matter what proportion the syllabus has changed Topgrade. pk will provide you the up-to-date content of the ECAT.
- Mapped with Latest Syllabus:
TopGrade.pk provides you the newest syllabus contents. You will have the precise syllabus and every one of the contents covered in your paid subscription in line with the foremost recent policies.
- 24/7 Availability of Entire Content:
The course provided by TopGrade.pk and respective WhatsApp groups are available to you 24/7. There is no restriction in using it anytime. You will be ready to watch as many video lectures, attempt as many questions, or read as many fast revision notes as you'll.
- More Focus on More Important Topics:
TopGrade.pk provides you the most effective schedule to review for ECAT. You're given proper instructions about the importance and difficulty level of all the sections and subjects accordingly. This might assist you to prioritize better.
- Lowest Fee Best Preparation:
The cost as compared to other conventional academies and online academies is much lesser. It's almost 1/10th the value of conventional academics. TopGrade.pk has made it possible for poor background students to prepare for this exam.
14. Why Do Students Fail in ECAT?
To begin our discussion, let me cite a famous American investor: "It's excellent to learn from your failures. It is preferable to learn from the mistakes of others.” The ECAT is not an easy test to pass. Thousands of students take this exam each year, but only a small percentage of them pass. As previously stated, if you recognize the faults made by other students who failed to reach their goals, you can correct them before you make the same mistakes. Allow us to explain the most typical mistakes students make and how to avoid making them yourself.
Common mistakes are done by students:
- Not Having Own Study Plan and Relying on Teachers Completely:
The majority of students do not plan their study schedules and rely solely on teachers or institutes for their betterment. This is a completely incorrect strategy. You, and no one else, can guarantee your success on this exam. Because it is well said that: “SELF REALIZATION is the best teacher, SELF LEARNING is the best teaching and SELF PRACTICING is the best motivation.”
- Studying In Chronological Order Rather Than Priority Order:
This is another example of students' poor preparation for the ECAT. They don't pay attention to the topics that are most important in exams. The ECAT syllabus is extensive. It's a long set of tasks. In a few months, you must review two years of coursework. So, if you start studying from one side, i.e., chronologically, there's a significant chance you won't be prepared to have a strong grasp on the subject that is more or more significant in the exam. “There is no such thing as I don't have time- you simply need to prioritize better,” as it has beautifully noted.
- Using Passive Study Strategies:
How can you identify if your study method is active or passive? Let me tell you something: if you're studying a topic/subject and your interest in that topic/subject isn't growing, your study method is passive. So, to review actively, sincerity is required. You want to be empathetic when it comes to your aim. If you're studying and no questions related to your topic arise in your head, you're learning passively. You should be aware that knowing the question is only half the battle. As a result, if you want to review actively, you should think of questions related to the subject and research the answers.
- Not Analyzing and Improving Your Test-Taking Skills:
You will make blunders when taking ECAT practice tests. However, the crucial aspect that sets you apart from other pupils is that you simply learn from your mistakes. Make an effort to avoid making a similar error in the future. After you've completed the test, look for any incorrect MCQs. This may help you avoid making a similar error on the real exam.
- Not Devising Ways of Fast Revision Along with Your Classes:
Many students continue to study for the exam, oblivious to the fact that they would need to revise the entire curriculum once or twice as part of their final preparation. So, if they don't produce any quick syllabus revision notes, they won't be able to revise the full syllabus in one or two days.
- Not Reviewing Information, You Already Know:
Some students believe that they are familiar with the subject and that they do not need to devote much attention to it. Many students fail as a result of their overconfidence. Whatever you know or understand, you must see the topic on the concept of the ECAT. At the very least, you'd like to revise that.
- Memorizing Rather Than Understanding:
Some students have a propensity of cramming for exams. However, you won't be able to cram the complete ECAT syllabus because it consists of F. Sc parts 1 and 2, which is a fairly lengthy syllabus. Although some topics may be memorized, the majority of them are conceptual and require thorough knowledge. Otherwise, you'll have a higher chance of failing.
- Failing To Master Certain High-Yield Subjects or Topics Owing to Overconfidence:
Well, there are often some topics or subjects that you believe you will glide over based on your F. Sc scores or other circumstances, etc. If you believe you are good at physics but do not take ECAT preparation seriously, your chances of failing are relatively high. You had to go through it thoroughly regardless of how good you were at that topic or subject. Because such subjects frequently give a high yield in the ECAT.
- Studying Material That Is Rarely Tested on the ECAT:
To ace, this exam, concentrate on the areas that are likely to be tested. However, some students become entangled in tough questions and seek out additional knowledge, even if it is unrelated to the test. You must understand that not every difficult question or topic will be included in your exam. Yes, there will be challenging questions, but you must carefully consider which ones should be discussed and which should not.
- Trying To Do It All Alone:
You're on the incorrect track if you believe you can prepare for the ECAT on your own and that you won't need any help from an instructor or supervision. ECAT may be a completely different exam from your matric, F. Sc, or other exams, and each student will want supervision and suitable instruction to pass this exam. You simply cannot have the same level of experience as your professors.
- Not Testing Yourselves on The Material:
If you're studying for the ECAT but not taking practice exams, you're entirely lost. Because no matter how well you prepare, you won't be able to test yourself on the content you've prepared. “Your eyes don't see what your mind doesn't know,” as the saying goes. It means you can't know the mistakes you've made unless you've made them yourself. So, before taking the real exam, you'd like to take as many practice examinations as possible.
- Starting To Study Too Late:
Some students believe that passing this exam is simple, however, this is not the case. As a result, they take it easy and start reviewing too late till they find out. Because the syllabus is not short, it will need time and careful attention to go over all of the material.
- Not Having a Proper Routine/Timetable:
Your daily routine is really important to your exam achievement. If you have a variable routine, you will not be able to pass this exam. The ECAT syllabus covers two years of information, which is not easy to complete in a few months, therefore you'll need to stick to a strict plan to prepare for the exam and get good grades.
- Negative Thinking:
Negative thinking causes many capable pupils to fail. Some students believe they are unable to discriminate. It's a bad strategy. Your ability to think positively is critical to your success. You must assume that you can simply get away with it. Put your whole heart and soul into it, and trust in Allah Almighty not to let your efforts go to waste. Your efforts will, Insha'Allah, bear fruit.
15. What Instructions to Follow on The Day of Exam (ECAT)?
Instructions for combating test anxiety:
- The night before the exam, prepare your test kit. It should contain all of the materials you'll need for the exam, such as your admit card, wristwatch, pen/ballpoint/pointer, chocolates, and so on.
- Get enough sleep the night before the exam (at least 5-6 hours).
- On the morning of the exam, dress in comfortable clothes after a bath.
- On the day of the exam, have a proper breakfast and a cup of tea/coffee before leaving your house.
- Arrive early and take a seat in the testing room.
- Before the test, keep a safe distance from others.
- On the day of the exam, don't expect to know everything.
- During the exam, remain calm and confident.
Instructions for better time management:
Remember! Time management is a critical skill for exam achievement. Make good use of your time.
- Make a schedule for yourself and stick to it.
- Start with the easy subjects and work your way up to the more difficult ones, such as Mathematics. After you've completed Mathematics, move on to chemistry, physics, and finally English.
- Start with the easy questions and work your way up to the more difficult ones. You can apply the Cycle strategy:
You should attempt easier questions first and skip harder ones. (Without wasting any time on such questions).
Attempt difficult questions.
Attempt all remaining questions.
Instructions for better MCQ solving:
Remember! The way you tackle MCQs in the exam hall will have a significant impact on your final grade. As a strategy, choose your MCQs carefully.
- Prepare to read quickly and independently.
- Always have a replacement ready. Plan A, Plan B, and so forth.
Read the statement and understand it (read the options and re-read if you don't get it the first time). Solve the question and predict the answer Find the answer and select it.
Resolve the issue from the back.
Make an educated guess or skip to the next step (Skipping is usually not good).
- Before selecting the correct answer, read through all of the possibilities.
- Fill in the details with the correct answer.
- If you have a good cause, change your response (your first hunch is usually correct).
- Make sure that you just are answering the question asked not the one you expected.
- Make sure you answer all of your questions.
- Check whether any of the other three alternatives are inaccurate in questions with the “All of These” option.
Check whether any of the other three options are correct in questions with the “None of These” option. E.g.,
- A. Loss of electrons
- B. Addition of hydrogen
- C. Decrease in oxidation number
- D. All the above
- In questions with a long statement, reading the last line may be beneficial.
- It can be beneficial to check the dimensions in the physics paper.
Instructions for Making an Educated Guess:
- Remove the response that appears to be least linked with the question being asked if two responses appear to be equally correct.
- When other options are particular, choose the broader answer, and vice versa.
- When there are several options, choose the one that is the longest.
- When the other solutions are greater or lower, choose the solution with the median value.
- None of the similar answers should be chosen. Choose one of the two opposing options.
- Choose the grammatically correct answer. For instance, ‘a’ and ‘an’ are single, while ‘are’ is plural.
- Select the answer that is most closely related to the question's or statement's keywords.
- Select the option "familiar vs unknown."
- Pick the option that makes the most sense to you.
- Answers that contain absolutes should be avoided.
- (For instance, always, never, every, none, all, only, and so on.)