The University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore, on behalf of the Azad Government of the State of Jammu & Kashmir will conduct the State Entry Test 2019 for admission to MBBS in Medical Colleges of Azad Kashmir and against reserved seats of MBBS/BDS for AJ&K Nationals in Pakistan on Sunday, 8th September, 2019 at 10:00 am sharp. State Entry Test-2019 will be conducted concurrently in Muzaffarabad, Rawalpindi, Mirpur, and Rawalakot.
As per Admission Regulations of Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC), it is compulsory to appear in State Entry Test-2019 for admissions in any medical of AJ&K and for nomination against reserved seat for AJ&K Nationals in Public Sector Medical / Dental Colleges of Pakistan as well.
- The candidates must have cleared intermediate (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination by scoring minimum 70% marks (770/1100). Result awaiting students are eligible to apply as well.
- It is obligatory for the applicants to have domicile certificate of any district of Azad Kashmir and of Refugees of Jammu & Kashmir (1947 / 1989).
- Mere appearance in State Entry Test does not confer the right to apply for or claim admission to any medical/dental institution.
How to Apply
- A candidate can apply for the State Entry Test 2019 only online by logging on to the Bank of Punjab web link https://www.bop.com.pk/MDCAT-AJK-2019
- A candidate can only apply by a desktop computer or laptop but not mobile phone.
- The candidate must follow the instructions given on the web link to register himself/herself for State Entry Test.
Submission of Fee and Issuance of Admittance Card
- After successful submission of online application form, the candidate needs to visit the nearest branch of the Bank of Punjab (BoP) during banking time along with the print-out of application form.
- On submission of State Entry Test fee of Rs.2900/- (non-refundable), the concerned bank official will stamp the application form and return the “candidate’s copy” of the form to the candidate or his/her representative.
- Within 72 hours after fee submission, the candidate shall be communicated his/her Admittance Card, bearing his/her roll number and examination centre, via SMS alert and E-mail attachment at his/her mobile number and E-mail ID.
- The candidates are required to download and take a print-out of this admittance card.
- The candidate can also download his/her admittance card by clicking “Search Admittance Card” button on the Bank of Punjab (BoP) web link (https://www.bop.com.pk/MDCAT-AJK-2019) for State Entry Test-2019.
Schedule of State Entry Test-2019 Registration
The applicants can register online for State Entry Test from 5th August 2019 to 23rd August, 2019. After 04:00 pm on 23rd August, 2019, the registration will be closed.
Syllabus of State Entry Test 2019
The syllabus of State Entry Test 2019 is available on UHS website (www.uhs.edu.pk). The candidates are advised to prepare and practise for the entry test according to the syllabus of textbooks. They are warned against courses being offered by various conventional academies.
Pattern of State Entry Test 2019
State Entry Test-2019 shall consist of a single question paper containing 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) divided into the following four (04) sections:
Biology = 80 MCQs
Chemistry = 60 MCQs
Physics = 40 MCQs
English = 20 MCQs
- The duration of the test shall be 150 minutes (2½ hours) and the total marks shall be
- 60% (i.e., 120/200) are passing marks in the test.
- There shall be NO negative marking in the State Entry Test.
- The question papers will be of different codes in which the sequence of questions and their responses shall be different from one another. The questions, however, shall be the same.