Did you know there are many options apart from just M.B.B.S.
The scope of NMDCAT is not just limited to medicine and dentistry. There is a whole world of allied health sciences that you can choose after finishing F.Sc. pre-medical and taking good marks in NMDCAT. But it depends on the university or college you are attempting to join. Some institutes exempt the condition of MDCAT and grant admission based only on your intermediate plus matric scores. At the same time, for some universities, it is mandatory to take NMDCAT as your admission will be decided on the aggregate of the NMDCAT, intermediate, and matric scores.
Allied medical fields:
In today’s age of competition, everyone aspires to become a doctor or a dentist. Still, not everyone gets selected in medical and dental colleges because of limited seats, so we advise students to keep their options open. Here is a list of fields you can choose after pre-medical apart from medicine and dentistry:
- Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery (M.B.B.S)
- Bachelor of dental surgery (B.D.S)
- Pharm-D (Doctor of Pharmacy)
- Doctor of physical therapy (D.P.T)
- Doctor of Veterinary medicine (D.V.M)
- Medical laboratory technicians (MLT)
- Nutritionist and Dietist (D.N.D)
- Medical information technology (M.I.T)
- Laboratory sciences (pathology lab)
- Optometry (Eyes and Visual system)
- Radiology (medical imagining)
- Speech and language therapy
- Cardiac Perfusion
- Intensive care
B.S programs that you can choose after completing F.Sc. pre-medical:
Apart from these Allied health Sciences, you can opt for many Bachelor programs after finishing F.Sc. pre-medical. It’s good to do your research beforehand to choose which programs you have the highest predisposition for. Remember that not getting selected in medical colleges is not the end of the world. You can find your niche and prosper there instead of comparing yourself with your friends or mates. There are a lot of prestigious institutes that you can join that offer bachelor’s programs of various sorts for pre-medical students. Some of the programs are listed below. You can search their name on google to see which institutes offer these and apply there.
- B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)
- Bachelor of biotechnology
- Bachelor of microbiology
- Bachelor of food sciences
- Bachelor of biogenetics
- Bachelor of biochemistry
- Bachelor of homeopathic medicine and surgery (B.H.M.S)
- Bachelor of nanotechnology
After completing your bachelor’s, you can choose to do a master’s and then post-graduation in your selected fields.
You can also opt for any of the following professional study programs after completing F.Sc. pre-medical programs:
- Bachelor in Engineering (B.E)
- English literature